First blog for 2010

on Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hey guys
so for homeless on our first start up it was a quiet night but praise the lord for the people who did turn up. I was worried for numbers but I learnt about trusting the lord because he does provide.

So this week I met a guy called tama who I haven’t seen on the street before but we just happened to give him something to drink and promised to come back and get him food as we hadn’t got the food yet
We met up and then came back to the same spot finding tama leaving so we gave him some food like we promised. We then met a guy called keepa in the same spot tama was sitting at which was outside farmers. He looked fairly old as if he was in his 40’s and he had said he grew up pretty much on the streets. He normally hangs out with fat boy who is now currently being looked after by some ex streeties living in south Auckland. (Praise god). He also uses to go to HISWAY church with Andrew but hasn’t attended for some time. I managed to gather some courage to ask him who he thought Jesus was and his response was he knew of him but didn’t know him. This really encouraged me as he told me with so much honesty. I then found out he has a big passion for his Maori heritage and his marae and that he has a gifted skill in carving. I suggested he do some bone carving or green stone carving and sell his stuff with a busker’s license. I also learnt that he has 3 kids and they all stay with their mothers. One is 5 one is 13 and one is 17. He also is an uncle for 6 kids.
This was the main person I spoke to this week and didn’t really feel much of a connection with Alvin or Kelvin or with mark. It was a rather quiet night on the streets but pray that a lot of guys living on the streets are moving into homes and getting jobs.

please continue to pray for us guys and god bless yall
Duncan